If you are ready to work towards solutions, we are ready to help you get there.
Clear and Simple
Life transitions can be difficult and overwhelming. Whether planning for a divorce or creating an estate plan, your legacy can be one that promotes health and wellness, for generations to come. We work to help you focus and make informed decisions, based on your circumstances, finances, and goals. While we can’t change the law, we can help you create a custom plan within that framework for success moving forward.
Out of Court Resolutions are not for everyone. You may be an excellent candidate if:
- You don’t want to spend time in court hearings;
- You want to focus more on your children, your finances, and your future, rather than the law;
- You want an outcome that reflects your personal, family, and financial goals;
- You’d like to resolve your divorce in less than 3 years (preferably closer to 3 months);
- You and your spouse/partner are ready to work on agreements that focus on value for each other and your children, rather than blame;
- You are willing to dedicate the time necessary to create a foundation for success;
- You are open to exploring different options for resolution;
- You are willing to have necessary and difficult conversations;
- You understand and accept that the solution(s) may not be “your way” or your partner/spouses’s way, but a third option that addresses everyone’s goals and concerns;
- You are both ready to do what it takes to work through your conflict, respectfully, giving each other the time it takes to process grief and understanding complex emotions, legal, and financial information.
Diana L. Martinez
Collaborative Attorney & Mediator
Diana L. Martinez is a Family Lawyer practicing in the counties of San Bernardino, Orange, Los Angeles, and Riverside, working with both English and Spanish speaking participants. Since 2007, her practice has been devoted 100% to out-of-court dispute resolution through consulting, collaborative, and mediation processes.
As a past president and current board member of Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County, and former board member and newsletter editor for the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, Ms. Martinez has facilitated education and enhancement of best practices in professional communities with markedly different demographics and practice philosophies.
Ms. Martinez is a co-founder of CultureCounts.net, a program dedicated to bringing awareness of cultural complexities and competency in family law matters. She also volunteers as a California State Bar and San Bernardino County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitrator, and as a mediator for Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, and Inyo/Mono County Superior Courts.
As a mother, Ms. Martinez places a premium on family. This is the driving force behind her professional services: to maintain and promote the welfare of the family through difficult changes. Divorce may be inevitable. How you handle it is not. The question is “What do you want for your family?”
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support and Alimony
- Collaborative Divorce
- Collaborative Law
- Collaborative Practice
- Cooperative Divorce
- Co-Parenting Issues and Visitation
- Divorce Mediation
- Family Law
- Support Issues and Property Division
- Post Modifications
- Estate Planning
Education & Licenses:
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law – Juris Doctorate
- University of California at Riverside
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Basic Mediation Training
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Advanced Mediation Training
- Collaborative Divorce Team Training
- Mosten Mediation Advanced Training
Professional Activities and Associations:
- California State Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles Family Law Executive Committee
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Southern California Mediation Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County (Board Member)
- Collaborative Practice California (Board Member)
Executive Assistant and Client Concierge
Brittany Wilkinson is a compassionate and experienced paralegal who manages all cases from start to finish. From making sure you feel comfortable using online meeting platforms to completing your financial disclosures, she is ready to help you get on the right track, and stay there, to complete your process efficiently and in an informed way. Brittany’s knowledge and skills with Court filing procedures and experience with Court staff have kept our clients informed and cases moving, even during the COVID-related court closures.
In her work with a large litigation firm, Brittany witness the turmoil, high costs, and unnecessarily public nature of contested, litigated divorces. She now dedicates all efforts to family and goal-focused out of court solutions.
Brittany is passionate about helping families navigate through their difficult time. It’s inspiring to help families come out of this process with agreements they had control over. Brittany helps smooth the path to resolution by helping client complete, often complex, legal forms in a comprehensive way. She’s a “glitter and dirt” mom of both a handsome three-year old son and a beautiful two(nager) daughter. She loves going to Disneyland with her family, getting crafty with her Cricut, and getting creative in the kitchen.
Most importantly Brittany looks forward to getting to know your situation and working with you.